Special Educational Needs and Disability
“Excellence in All”
At the City of Norwich School, our motto and values reflect our vision of achieving the very highest standards in everything we do:
- To treat everyone and everything with respect, consideration and tolerance;
- To act with integrity at all times and in all situations;
- To take pride in ourselves as a school and display that pride;
- To treat everyone equally and value their individuality and uniqueness;
- To trust those we work with and members of our school community
Our vision for all students is that no Special Educational Need or disability should prove a barrier to making progress in their learning, emotional and social development and independence.
The SEND department at City of Norwich School is led by our SENDco, Nicola Jervis supported by our Deputy SENDco, Marie Hill and a team of LSAs, Specialist LSAs, Senior LSAs and SEND specific admin support. We work closely with parents and carers; pastoral managers and house leaders and young people with SEND to understand their needs and support them to explore their best way of working.
To find out more about Special Educational Needs at CNS and how we support the learning needs of SEND students, please consult our SEN information report and other supporting documents.
- SEN information 2018_2019
- Disability Equality Accessibility
- Norfolk local offer
- DFE letter (new arrangements for supporting children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities).
If you are concerned that your child has an undiagnosed learning need, please in the first instance either speak to the SEND team or the House Leader. Please note that we do not automatically accept external paid for diagnoses or referrals.
Staff and Contact Information
SEND Coordinator: Nicola Jervis email: email@example.com
Deputy SEND Co-ordinator: Marie Hill email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEND Administrator: Claire Browne email: email@example.com
Senior LSA's: Erin Moss
All parents are welcome to contact the SEND department. Please call 01603 274000 and ask to be put through to the SEND department.