Taking part in testing is voluntary and all students will be able to attend school whether they take part in testing or not. The Government strongly encourages all students to take part as testing at home will allow us to make the school as safe as we possibly can for staff and students.
- Tests should be taken every 3-5 days including during the Easter holidays
- Instructions on how to use the tests are in the boxes and a video can be found by clicking here or by clicking here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-self-test-help
- Once you have completed the test, please enter your result at www.testregister.co.uk (press the ‘register a test’ button) where you will need your email address to confirm who you are. You will shortly receive an email invite to register with this system. This system will register your result with the school and then take you through to the NHS website where you will register the test again (unfortunately this is beyond our control).
- Please record your result even if it is negative.
If you have a positive test:
- If you have a positive test, please email email@example.com immediately and call the school as soon as we are open to confirm.
- You must immediately book a confirmatory test (PCR) at a test centre by calling 119 or clicking https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test and everyone in the household must self-isolate for 10 days or until you get a negative PCR test.
We realise that there may be concerns about home testing but hope that your child’s experiences of testing at school will help to ease any anxiety. If there are questions, do please email firstname.lastname@example.org or the school nurse email@example.com and they will get back to you as soon as they can.