Safer Schools Partnership
The Safer Schools Partnership is a positive way for all schools to demonstrate their commitment to promoting a safe climate of learning and to prevent crime.
Over the course of the year a Safer Schools Officer will deliver age appropriate key messages to the students in assemblies and lessons including Internet Safety, Healthy Relationships, Sexting, Child Sexual Exploitation, Anti-Social Behaviour.
All Safer School Partnerships (SSPs) aim to ensure:
- Safety of pupils, staff and the school site and surrounding area/community
- Help for young people to deal with situations that may put them at risk of becoming victims of crime, bullying or intimidation, and to provide support to those who do.
- Focused enforcement to demonstrate that those that do offend cannot do so without facing consequences.
- Early identification, support and where necessary challenge of pupils involved in or at risk of offending
- Improved standards of pupil behaviour and attendance, and less need for exclusions
- More positive relations between young people, the Police and the wider community.
- Effective approaches to issues beyond the school site that negatively impact on pupil safety and behaviour.
For more information about the Safer Schools Partnership - please go to: http://www.norfolk.police.uk/advice/child-protection/safer-schools-partnerships