The aim of having a uniform at CNS is to promote an inclusive, high-achieving ethos and a sense of pride in belonging to the school community. Our School Uniform Policy can be seen here: School Uniform
Compulsory items for CNS school uniform
- Branded or non-branded black school trousers, black skirt (no shorter than knee length) or black tailored knee length shorts
- Navy polo shirt* with embroidered house name and school logo
- Navy blue V-neck jumper, cardigan* or hoodie** with school badge/logo
- Plain. black sensible shoes or boots - plain black leather trainers without coloured branding are permitted
- Tights, if worn, are to be balck
- Socks are to be plain in colour
- A bag to carry books and stationery
- Cultural headwear should be plain blue or black in colour
- CNS navy Shorts* – with school logo
- CNS navy T-Shirt* – with school logo
- Games socks – navy
- Trainers (not black soles)
- Studded boots for football/rugby (boys and girls)
Shin Pads and Gum shields, whilst not compulsory, are strongly recommended
- Navy skorts (unbranded)
- CNS navy leggings* – CNS print
- Plain navy base layer
- Plain navy tracksuit bottoms (unbranded)
- CNS logo navy sweatshirt** - with school logo
Items marked with a star (*) are only available from Stevensons and Marks and Spencer. Items marked (**) can only be purchased through Marks and Spencer.
Any parents or carers who have difficulty in meeting the cost of a school uniform should contact their pastoral manager. Financial help may be available.
- Stretch mini skirts
- Tracksuit bottoms
- False eyelashes
- Coloured or acrylic nails
- Metal afro hair combs (plastic only please)
- Hair should be of an appropriate style for school. A natural colour, highlights are acceptable but no streaks of a different colour.
- Make-up / jewellery should be discreet and appropriate for school. One pair of studs / small hoops, no facial piercings. Jewellery of any kind is not allowed during PE lessons.
- Students should come to and leave school in full uniform.
- Outdoor hats and coats should not appear at all during lessons.
- No white trainers are allowed as school shoes.
- Garments worn under polo shirts should not be visible at all.
All students must arrive at every PE lesson with their PE kit. Those students with an injury and/or a parental note are still expected to wear a CNS PE kit and participate in the lesson, even if only in a coaching or officiating capacity.
If a student arrives at their lesson without their kit, they will be expected to borrow a yellow CNS PE Department kit.
If students are injured, they can still be a part of the lesson as:
- An observer
- An organiser